For the cupcakes:
For the frosting:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add sugar, stir and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl whisk all wet ingredients.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk just until combined. don’t overmix.
5. Scoop the batter into cupcake liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
6. Make the buttercream: In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add cocoa powder and. beat until combined. Beat in powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating in between. Add vanilla extract, heavy cream and beat until incorporated. Transfer to a piping bag, pipe onto the cupcakes.
7. Sprinkle some chocolate sprinkles.