For the cake:
For the chocolate ganache:
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease a 8-inch (20cm) round cake pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
3. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
4. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, release from the pan, then let to cool to room temperature.
5. Make the frosting (optional): In a bowl stir coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Add cocoa powder and whisk until combined and smooth.
6. Pour the glaze over the cake, spread evenly and refrigerate until set, about one hour.
More Chocolate Recipes You May Like:
Your email address will not be published