1. In a large pot of salted water boil potatoes until tender.
2. Peel the potatoes, mash and let cool.
3. Add flour, chopped green onions, cheddar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and egg. Mix until well combined.
4. With your hands, create pancakes from the potato mixture. Coat then with breadcrumbs.
5. Heat 3-4 tablespoons of oil in a large pan. Fry the pancakes over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
6. Serve with sour cream.