1. Make fresh fettuccine (you can skip this stage if you have Store-bought pasta): Divide the pasta dough into four pieces. Roll out the first piece into at least 0.5inch/1cm before using pasta machine (keep remaining pieces covered with plastic wrap so it doesn’t dry out). Dust the pasta machine and dough with flour.
2. Set machine to #0 and feed it through. Fold one side of the piece of dough into the middle, then fold the other side over that to form 3 layers and feed it through the machine again, still on #0. Repeat at least 5 times.
3. Switch setting to #1 and feed it through the machine once. Switch setting to #2 and feed it through the machine again. Do the same until #5
4. Cut the pasta sheet into 10-inch (25 cm) length and run the sheet of pasta through the fettuccine cutter. Toss the pasta with a little flour to keep them from sticking.
5. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil
6. Make the sauce (if you are making the pasta from scratch, you can start while the pasta dough is resting): heat olive oil and butter over low-medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook 2 minutes, add sweet potato and cook 2-3 minutes. Add white wine and cook until alcohol evaporates (about 2-3 minutes). Pour heavy cream, salt pepper, nutmeg and bring to a simmer.
7. Cook the fresh fettuccine in boiling water about 3 min or according to package directions, add to the sauce, add parmesan cheese and mix well, cook 1 minute and turn the heat off.
8. Serve with grated parmesan. Enjoy!