Arayes - Pita Stuffed With Meat
Arayes - delicious grilled pita bread sandwiches stuffed with meat (beef or lamb). This middle eastern dish is crispy in the outside and juicy in the inside. You can cook them on the grill or in striped frying pan. This meal is good for lunch, dinner or even BBQ party.
- 700g ground beef/lamb
- 1 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped
- 1 tsp Baharat
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2+5 tbsp olive oil
- 12 pitas (Homemade pita bread recipe)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
1. In a large bowl place beef, chopped onion, chopped parsley, salt, pepper, Baharat, cumin.2 tbsp olive oil, pine nuts (optional) and Mix well.
2. Cut each pita in half and fill with 60g of meat mixture.
3. Brush with olive oil on both sides of the pita
4. Fry the pitas in striped frying pan over high heat, 2 minutes from each side, first on open side.
5. Serve with fresh salad and tahini.