For topping (optional):
1. Preheat oven to 325F (160). Grease 7-inch (18cm) round cake pan with butter, line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease the parchment as well. Set aside.
2. Chop the chocolate, place in a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a pot with simmering water (double boiler) and melt completely. Also you can melt in 20 second pulses in the microwave. Remove the bowl from heat and let cool slightly.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
4. Add the egg yolks, one at the time to the chocolate and stir until combined.
5. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, then, repeat two more times.
6. Pour the batter into prepared pan.
7. Bake for 28-30 minutes.
8. Let cool, dust with powdered sugar and serve.
More Easy Dessert Recipes: