Whether you have gluten allergy or you just like almonds, you going to love this flourless almond cake. Although this almond cake does not contain flour (gluten-free cake),This almond cake it still really moist, light, rich in flavor and pretty easy to make. In addition to all, this cake is also dairy free! If you simple cakes this cake is definitely for you!
1. Preheat oven to 340F (170C). line a bottom of 8-inch (20cm) round pan with parchment paper and grease the bottom and sides.
2. In a large bowl beat egg yolks with sugar on high speed, until thick, smooth and pale. Add oil, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Beat until incorporated.
3. Add almond flour and fold until incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl beat egg whites with pinch of salt. Beat until foamy, then gradually add 2 tablespoons of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
5. Gradually fold the egg whites into egg yolk mixture, 1-2 tablespoons at the time. Fold just until combined after each addition, do not over fold.
6. Pour the batter to the prepared pan, sprinkle sliced almonds on top.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, release from the pan and let cool completely.