These chocolate oatmeal cookies are no-bake, vegan and the recipe is super easy! If you want a healthy, guilt free dessert (or snack) these cookies are for you. They are soft, chewy and delicious! Follow this easy recipe to learn how to make the best vegan chocolate oatmeal cookies.
INGREDIENTS FOR YIELDS
2 cups (160g) Quick oats
3/4 cups (67g) Rolled oats
180g (6.3oz) Dark chocolate
1½ cups + 1 tablespoon (375ml) Coconut milk
2 tablespoons (25g) Sugar (white or brown)
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Chop the chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl.
3. In a small saucepan place coconut milk, sugar and salt, bring to a simmer, turn the heat off and pour over chopped chocolate, add vanilla extract, let sit for 2 minutes, then stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
4. Immediately add oat and stir until combined.
5. Using a cookie scoop or two spoons drop mixture onto lined baking sheets.
6. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until set, about 1-2 hours.
Instead using 2 types of oats you can use just one type (225-230g total). I prefer 2 types for a better texture.
Instead of coconut milk you can use cram of half&half (not a vegan version). Or other non-dairy milk with a 5% fat or more for a vegan version.
For extra flavor and notorious, you can add to the recipe chopped nuts, seeds or even protein powder.
Keep in the refrigerator up to 6-7 days or in the freezer up to 2 months.
Your email address will not be published