1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
2. In a bowl whisk flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl cream the butter with sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla extract and stir until combined.
4. stir in the flour mixture. stir just until incorporated. Divide into two equal portions. To first part add chocolate chips, to the second add candy-coated Chocolates and stir. This step is optional, you can use only chocolate chips, or only Candy-coated Chocolates. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Roll balls of dough and place 2 inches (5cm) apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until very lightly browned on the sides. Let cool completely.
6. Take a large scoop of ice cream and sandwich it between two cookies. Roll the sides with your favorite topping.
7. Freeze until serving.