Lemon Blueberry Tart Recipe
This lemon and blueberry tart recipe has a flaky-buttery crust, sour-sweet lemon curd filling and refreshing blueberry topping. Is you like the classic lemon tart version you are going to love this recipe, this tart is perfect for holidays, parities, birthdays or any other occasions.
For the crust:
- 1½ cups (190g) Flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) Powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (115g) Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
For the lemon curd filling:
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. (112g) sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp.(100ml) Heavy cream
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp.(100ml) fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest from 2 lemons
For the blueberry filling:
- 12 oz (340g) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons (22g) cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) water
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 4 tablespoons (50g) Sugar
- Make the crust: In a food processor, process flour, sugar and salt. Then add cubed butter and pulse until crumbs are formed. Add egg and vanilla extract, process until dough is formed. Do not over mix.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface, pat into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Place the dough on a lightly floured board, dust the top of the dough and roll out the dough its about 1/8 inch thick. Transfer the dough to a 9-inch (23-24cm) pie pan. Evenly press the pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of your pan. Trim off the excess dough off the top of the pan. Gently pierce the bottom of the crust with a fork. Transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make lemon curd: in a large bowl whisk eggs, egg yolks and sugar. Add lemon zest, lemon juice and whisk until combined. Add heavy cream and whisk again until combined. set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Blind baking: line a parchment paper over the dough. Fill with dry beans, rice or pie weights. Bake for 15 min. Remove the weights and the parchment paper. Return to oven for another 10-15 minutes or until crust is slightly golden.
- Lower the temperature to 300F (150C).
- While the crust still in the oven, pour mixture into pastry case. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until filling has just set.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile make the blueberry filling: place blueberries into a food processor and process until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Strain the blueberries through a fine-mesh strainer into a medium saucepan. Add sugar, pinch salt. Heat until sugar has dissolved, meanwhile, whisk water, lemon juice and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add cornstrach mixture to the sauce pan, bring to simmer over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened.
- Pour blueberry mixture evenly over the lemon filling. Then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.
How to store lemon blueberry tart?
This tart can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 4-5 days.
Can we skip the blueberry part?
Yes, if for some reason you prefer making this tart without the blueberries, you can make the classic lemon tart.
Can we make lemon blueberry tart ahead of time?
You can prepare the dough, refrigerate for up to 2 days, then just roll it and continue as descried in section 2. You also can freeze the dough for up to 2 months, then thaw overnight in the refrigerator and continue from section 2.
Other dessert recipes you may like: