For the crust:
For the filling:
1. Make the crust: In a food processor, process flour, sugar and salt. Then add cubed butter and pulse until crumbs are formed. Add egg and vanilla extract, process until dough is formed. Do not over mix.
2. Transfer the dough to a work surface, pat into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Place the dough on a lightly floured board, dust the top of the dough and roll out the dough its about 1/8 inch thick. Transfer the dough to a 9-inch (23-24cm) pie pan. evenly press the pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of your pan. Trim off the excess dough off the top of the pan. Gently pierce the bottom of the crust with a fork. Transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile make the filling: in a large bowl whisk eggs, egg yolks and sugar. Add lemon zest, lemon juice and whisk until combined. add heavy cream and whisk again until combined. set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
5. Blind baking: line a parchment paper over the dough. Fill with dry beans, rice or pie weights. Bake for 15 min. Remove the weights and the parchment paper. Return to oven for another 10-15 minutes or until crust is slightly golden.
6. Lower the temperature to 300F (150C).
7. While the crust still in the oven, pour mixture into pastry case. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until filling has just set.
8. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
More Recipes You May Like: