1. Puree the strawberries. Strain through a very fine sieve. Divide into 2/3 and 1/3. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl whisk gelatin and milk. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Place heavy cream, milk sugar and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer, until sugar dissolves. Do not boil. Remove from heat add vanilla extract. Stir in gelatin and immediately whisk until smooth and dissolved.
4. Add 2/3 of the strawberry puree and whisk until incorporated.
5. Pour into the serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
6. For the topping: place the remaining 1/3 strawberry puree in a saucepan, add 3 tablespoon sugar and lemon juice. Heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, let cool and pour over the panna cotta. Refrigerate until serving.
This is so good! I have made it numerous times now never disappoints.Reply
Does it make a difference as to when exactly to add the gelatine? Because here you are adding it at two points, initially with the milk to leave for ten minutes, and then later separately with the milk and cream into a saucepan for heating?Reply
Ahh, I have just seen the video... I didn't have access to it when I first read the recipe.Reply
Your email address will not be published