Quick and easy mango mousse recipe with only 4-ingredients. This recipe is so easy that even a child can prepare this dessert. This mousse doesn’t require eggs or gelatin.
- 170g (6oz) Mango
- 1 cup (240ml) Heavy cream, cold
- 3 tablespoons (22g) Powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Mint leaves for decoration
1. Cut the mango into cubes and place in a food processor or a blender. Process/blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
2. Beat the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until it forms stiff peaks.
3. Gently fold in mango puree until no streaks remain.
4. Transfer the mousse to a piping bag. If the mousse too runny, refrigerate for 1 hour in the piping bag. Pipe into serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Make sure you are using a cold cream.
- Use a cold bowl to beat the cream, it helps to get stiff and stable whipped cream.
This is quick mango mousse recipe that gets the job done. I omitted the powdered sugar because mango is already so sweet. I also used frozen mango instead of fresh mango. I heated the frozen mango in the microwave for 30 second intervals until it was thawed. I then pureed it in a blender. I ended up using about 2lbs (32oz) of frozen mango to get a noticeable mango taste in the mousse. Also, what does "1 vanilla extract" mean? I put in 1 teaspoon, but it's really unclear in both the recipe and tReply
Rob, Thanks for the suggestion to use frozen mango. When I printed the recipe it did say one teaspoon of vanilla extract.Reply
Thank you and God bless you for sharing your Talents with us, love your recipesReply
Your email address will not be published