1. In a large bowl full of water soak noodles for 1 hour.
2. Make the sauce: I a small bowl combine tamarind paste, 3 table spoons water, fish sauce, sugar and sriracha (optional). Mix well and set aside.
3. Prepare all the ingredients: slice spring onion, dice the tofu, crush garlic cloves, chop the peanuts and mince the pickled radish. Set aside.
4. Warm a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons. Add crushed garlic and chopped pickled radish and stir-fry 1 minute.
5. Add shrimps, stir fry 1-2 minutes. Add tofu, stir fry until tofu and shrimps are golden, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the noodles and pour the sauce. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes, if needed and more water.
7. Push ingredients aside, making room in the center of your wok/pan and crack in the eggs. wait 20-30 seconds and scramble the egg. Stir all together.
8. Add half of the sliced spring onions, half of the chopped peanuts, half of the bean sprouts and cook for 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat.
9. Transfer pad Thai to plate, garnish with the remaining spring onions, peanuts and bean sprouts. and garnish with lime/lemon wedges.
• don’t make more than 2 serving in one pan/wok. It will be difficult to cook the noodles.
• Instead of white sugar originally use palm sugar.
• You can add or substitute one of the proteins with chicken breast.