For the patties:
1. Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. To the quinoa add chopped onion, chopped parsley, tuna, eggs and spices. Mix until combined. Form into patties.
3. Option 1: In a large pan with olive oil. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
4. Option 2: preheat oven to 350F (175C). Place the patties on a baking trey lined with parchment paper, spray each patty with oil and bake the patties for 25-30 minutes, until golden.
5. Make the dipping sauce: in a small bowl whisk all sauce ingredients.
More Healthy Recipes You May Like:
Best Tuna Patties I've ever made! Whole family liked them . Even the picky eater. :-)Reply
Glad you liked it :)Reply
Thank you so much! I had some canned tuna I didn't like and needed a way to use it up. I mixed the tuna with a bag of cooked quinoa (thawed), eggs and the seasonings. It was so easy and came out great!Reply
Soagy mess, that doesn't stick together. Proportions are a bit off. Not edible either, and I love quinoa, it doesn't seem to go well with tuna. Anyone had luck with this recipe ?Reply
My mixture was soggy too!Reply
Dumb bitch didnt drain qinua, LOLReply
Turned out great will definitely make againReply
Used 2 eggs instead of 3. Turned out great.Reply
Just took these out of the oven and they turned out perfect. Halved the recipe, used 1 egg, 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (cooled). Baked them instead of frying for 28 minutes. Tasty and filling lunch or snackReply
Your email address will not be published