Gazpacho Recipe - Spanish Cold Tomato Soup
Gazpacho - Spanish Cold Tomato Soup . Healthy, vegan, quick and easy to prepare soup. Perfect recipe for hot summer days.
- 3 medium sized tomatoes
- 300g (10.5oz) cherry tomatoes (10-15 pieces)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 2 bread slices
- 10 basil leaves or coriander
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cold water
1. Roughly chop all the vegetables.
2. Place all the vegetables in a food processor or a blender, you there is not enough space, blend 1/2 of the vegetables and then add the rest. Add the bread, vinegar, olive oil, water and seasoning. Blend until smooth. Check the seasoning and add salt if needed.
3. If you want very smooth texture strain through a sieve, if not serve the soup as is.
4. Serve cold, garnish with bread croutons, green onion, basil, cucumber and drizzle extra virgin olive oil.