Rose Pasta Recipe | Pink Sauce Pasta | Creamy Tomato Pasta
This rosé pasta (pink sauce pasta) recipe is one of my favorite pasta dishes. A great combination of pasta with tomato sauce and pasta with creamy sauce. That makes the best creamy tomato pasta dish. This pasta dish is made with fresh cherry tomatoes, cream, parmesan cheese and more amazing flavors. The best part of this pink sauce pasta that this dish is loved by children and adults alike and it's pretty east to make.
- 300g Pasta of your choice
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg (35oz) Cherry tomatoes/regular tomatoes
- 1¼ cups (300ml) Cream
- 3-4 Basil leaves, Chopped
- 1/3 cup (30g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until lightly golden. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add halved cherry tomatoes or chopped regular tomatoes to the skillet and cook for 10 minutes over heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cook for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, keep the lid on.
- If the mixture is too thick, add 1/4 cup of water.
- When the sauce is almost ready: fill a large pot with water and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring to a boil. When boiling add the pasta and cook to al dente according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking: To the sauce add cream, chopped basil, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add drain pasta to the sauce, turn the heat off and toss.
Frequently asked questions:
CAN WE MAKE ROSE PASTA WITH STORE BOUGHT TOMATO SAUCE?
In this recipe I made this pink sauce pasta with fresh cherry tomatoes, but if you short in time you can use store bought tomato sauce. Just use 500-600 grams of tomato sauce. First cook and onion and garlic, then add the sauce and simmer it for 3-4 minutes, then just add cooked pasta as described in the recipe. You also can use homemade tomato sauce that was made ahead of time.
WHAT CREAM SHOULD WE USE?
To make the best creamy tomato pasta you can use heavy cream (32%-35%), which make a super-rich pasta. You also can use half&half (10%-125) which make a lighter version of rose pasta. Or, you can use any kind of cream that contains at least 12% fat.
HOW TO STORE ROSE PASTA?
Rose pasta at it's best at the day of preparation. But you can keep the pasta in the fridge, covered up to 4 days and reheat before serving.