One Pot Pasta with Tomato Sauce
Looking for a quick and easy recipe that is also delicious? Try this one pot pasta with tomato sauce! This pasta dish requires only one pan, few basic ingredients and 20-30 minutes of cooking. This dish is loved by both adults and kids. This easy recipe can be made with any kind of pasta you have at home and you also can adjust and add any veggies that you like. If you exclude the parmesan from this version, it would be a great vegan pasta dish.
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 can (14oz/400g) Tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30g) Tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1½ cups (360ml) Water or vegetable stock
- 8oz (225g) Pasta of your choice
- Parmesan cheese
1. In pot heat olive oil. Add chopped onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add tomato paste, cook for 1 minute. Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, water and stir.
3. Add pasta, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 14-18 minutes, depends on the pasta type. Add more water if needed.
4. Transfer to a plate and grate some parmesan cheese on top.