- Make the cake layer: in a bowl, whisk egg and sugar until combined. Add milk, butter and whisk until combined. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir until combined and smooth.
- Heat a 9-inch (23cm) non-stick pan, lightly grease the pan with oil spray with oil.
- Pour the butter, spread it evenly. Cover with a lid. Cook over medium-low heat until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Make the filling: in a small bowl, stir mascarpone, milk, powdered sugar and vanilla extract, mix until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag (optional).
- Cut the pancake into equal quarters. Assembly: take one quarter of the cake layer and spread 1/3 of the cream, then top with the second quarter and spread another 1/3 of the cream, top with third cake layer and spread the last 1/3 of the cream. Then, top with the last cake quarter. Then cut the cake into two smaller slices as showed in the video. Set aside.
- Make the ganache: chop the chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl. in a small saucepan bring heavy cream to a simmer. Pour over the chocolate and let sit for 1-2 minutes, then stir until melted.
- Pour chocolate ganache over the cake slices. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and serve.
WHAT CAN BE USED INSTEAD OF MASCARPONE?
Instead of mascarpone cheese you can use regular cream cheese.
HOW MANY SERVINGS DOES THIS RECIPE MAKES?
This recipe makes 2 cake slices. If you want to make more slices just multiple the quantities.
CAN WE MAKE THIS AS A WHOLE CAKE?
Yes, you can make this cake as a whole cake easily. Follow the same steps, just multiply the ingredients by 4. Then, divide the batter into four and make for pancake layers. Then build the cake without cutting it.
HOW LONG CAN WE KEEP THE CAKE?
The cake can be stored in the fridge, covered, up to 3 days.
MORE EASY DESSERT RECIPES: