Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
This chicken tikka masala is rich, creamy and so flavorful! Chicken tikka masala is a very popular Indian dish and one of the most requested recipes on my channel. If you are a fan of Indian curry dishes you are going to love this homemade, restaurant style chicken tikka masala. A perfect midweek dinner that your family going to love!
- Make the marinade: in a large bowl combine chicken chunks, yogurt, lemon juice, grated garlic, grated ginger, salt, paprika and garam masala. Mix until combined and well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate fir at least one hour or overnight.
- Cook the chicken: Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add marinated chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Make the sauce: in the same pan heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil and butter over medium heat. Add chopped onions and sauté until golden, about 6-7 minutes, scrape any browned bits stuck on the bottom of the pan.
- Add grated ginger and garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add all the spices and cook for 1 minute more. Pour in tomato sauce, water and season with salt, stir and bring to boil and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the cream, the chicken and stir well. Cook for 4-5 minutes more.
- Serve with rice or naan and garnish with coriander.
Frequently asked questions:
WHAT PART OF CHICKEN IS THE BEST FOR CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA?
In this recipe I used chicken breast but you also can use thighs. Some people prefer chicken thighs as they tend to be juicier, I that they both taste great and you can try and decide by yourself.
HOW TO STORE CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA?
Store chicken masala in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
OTHER CURRY RECIPES: