Cheesy Ground Beef Quesadillas Recipe
Follow this recipe to learn how to make the best quesadillas. These cheesy ground beef quesadillas are made with flour tortillas, they are crispy on the outside, juicy and cheesy from the inside. If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe, you should give these quesadillas a try. Serve it with homemade guacamole and enjoy!
- 6 Flour tortillas
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1½ lb. (675g) Ground beef
- 2 tablespoons (30g) Tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika1 teaspoon Oregano
- 8 oz (225g) Cheddar cheese or any other cheese of your choice
- 3-4 tablespoons Oil
- 3 tablespoons Water/beef stock
- In a large skillet or a pan, heat 2 tablespoon of oil. Add chopped onion and sauté over low heat for 4-5 minutes. Add crushed garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add ground beef, cook, breaking it apart, for 4-5 minutes. Add tomato paste, seasoning and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add water/beef stock stir and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the heat off.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Brush each tortilla with 1 teaspoon of oi (only one side). Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese on one side of each tortilla. Sprinkle some ground beef mixture over the cheese, then some cilantro, and extra cheese. Fold tortilla over, place in the hot pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with guacamole or your favorite dipping.