1. Prepare the chicken: In a small bowl mix salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin and oregano. Set aside. Place chicken breast in a large bowl, sprinkle seasoning mixture, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and toss to coat.
2. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken breast/thighs and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until fully cooked.
3. In the same pan, sauté onion for 5 minutes, add garlic and chopped bell pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes more. Add beans, season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Assembly: place the tortilla on your working surface, first layer the rice, then place the bean mixture, then place some chicken chunks, then chopped avocado, chopped tomatoes, then coriander leaves and eventually sprinkle some shredded cheese. Fold the sides of tortilla and roll.
5. Now you can serve it like this or:
6. Serve with homemade guacamole.
How can I store burrito?
You can store burrito wrapped in foil up to 3-4 Days. Before serving warm it up in reheated 350F (180C) oven for about 10 minutes.
What can you add to a burrito?
The possibilities are endless, you can add any kind of beans, vegetables such as tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, onion, bell pepper etc. You can add any kind of herbs like coriander and parsley. You can use any kind of protein (chicken, beef, pork, fish). And of course, you can any kind of cheese.
More recipes you may like:
Your email address will not be published