Thumbprint Cookies | Jam Cookies Recipe
These thumbprint cookies (aka jam cookies) are buttery, rich and filled with jam of your choice. These cookies are perfect for Christmas, for birthdays or for any holidays. They are easy to make and everyone loves them.
- 1 cup (230g) Butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (85g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2¼ cups (280g) Flour
- Jam of your choice
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 170°C (340°F).
- In a large bowl cream butter and powder sugar until smooth and creamy. Add egg yolk, vanilla extract and mix until combined. Add flour, salt and stir until incorporated and dough is formed.
- Using a one-tablespoon cookie scoop or measuring tablespoon take 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into balls.
- Then place the balls on prepared baking sheets. Slightly flatten the balls and then make an indentation with your thumb or with a back of a spoon into each ball. At this stage, if dough is too soft, refrigerate for 30 minutes. Then, fill each with cookie the jam.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, the cookies should still be pale, but slightly golden at the bottom.
- Dust with powdered sugar (optional) and allow to cool on a wire rack.
HOW LONG CAN YOU KEEP THUMBPRINT COOKIES?
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
WHAT FILLING CAN YOU USE FOR THUMBPRINT COOKIES?
These cookies can be filled with any kind of jam, such as: strawberry jam, apricot jam, blueberry jam or any other flavour that you like.
CAN YOU MAKE THUMBPRINT COOKIES AHEAD OF TIME?
You can make the dough a head of time and freeze it up to 2 months. Then thaw overnight in the fridge, shape the cookies fill them with jam and bake according to the directions.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES: