The Best Way to Cook Eggplant
If you're looking for the best way to cook eggplant, look no further! I found the best way to cook/bake eggplants. This recipe is super easy and makes the juiciest eggplants ever.
- 1 eggplant
- 6-7 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 can (200g) Crushed tomatoes/tomato sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- 2oz (60g) Feta cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. The score each half as shown in the video. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil over each half. Season with salt.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile make the sauce: heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté until lightly golden, add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes, season with salt and pepper to tase and cook for 3-5 minutes. Turn the heat off and set aside.
- Take the eggplants out of the oven, spread 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce over each half. Then sprinkle some feta cheese and grate some parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve.