1. Slice the eggplant lengthwise. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
2. Meanwhile finely chop the onions and the parsley. Mince garlic cloves.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat sauté the onions for 4-5 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté 2-3 minutes more. Add the meat and cook until starts to brown. Add the spices and stir. Pour tomato sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickens. Add chopped parsley and pine nuts. Stir and turn heat off.
4. Wash eggplants and dry with a kitchen towel/paper. Dip sliced eggplants in beaten egg with salt and pepper. fry each slice of the eggplants until golden on both sides. Transfer to kitchen paper to get rid of excess oil.
5. Preheat oven to 200C (395F).
6. In a 2 baking dishes (or disposable tray) assemble the cake. Arrange the eggplants as shown in the video. Place half of the meat mixture in each of the dishes and close with the eggplants. Brush with beaten egg (optional: sprinkle with parmesan).
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
Your email address will not be published