Salmon Patties Recipe | Salmon Cakes
These salmon patties (salmon cakes) are rich and flavorful. An easy recipe that anyone can make. Serve these salmon cakes with salad or fresh vegetables. Perfect for lunch, dinner or as a side dish.
- 1kg (2.2lbs) fresh salmon (boneless, skinless fillet)
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup (80g) breadcrumbs
- 1/4 bunch parsley
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Using a sharp knife coarsely chop fresh salmon fillet. Place in a large bowl.
2. Finely chop onion, parsley and chives. Add to the bowl. Add mayonnaise, mustard, bread crumbs, crushed garlic cloves, egg, salt and pepper. stir until combined.
3. Form salmon mixture into patties.
4. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook the patties 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through.