Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
This classic pineapple upside down cake has a layer of soft and fluffy cake and a layer of caramelized pineapple topping and maraschino cherries. This recipe is super easy and anyone can make it. This cake is perfect for holidays, parties, weekends and birthdays.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Grease a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan.
- Make the caramel layer: In a small bowl stir melted butter and brown sugar. Transfer to the prepared pan and spread evenly. Arrange the pineapple slices over the caramel, and the cherries in the center of the rings and in between the rings. Set aside.
- Make the cake: in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add pineapple juice (reserved from the can) and whisk until combined.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until incorporated.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple layer and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Turn out onto serving platter. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
How to store pineapple upside down cake?
Keep the cake covered, in the fridge, for up to 4 days.
How to convert the cake to a 9X13 inch pan?
If you prefer to make the cake in a 9X13 rectangular pan, you just need to double the ingredients.
More dessert recipes: