If you like the famous bounty candy bar you will definitely love this no-bake vegan bounty. This chocolate coconut tart is made of 3 layers: the crust of this tart made from nuts and dated, the filling is full of coconut, and topped with vegan chocolate ganache. Beautiful, original and delicious dessert that you will love even if you are not vegan.
For the crust:
For the filling:
For the topping:
1. Make the crust: place almonds in a food processor and process until mealy. Add pitted dates, cocoa powder, coconut oil, maple syrup and process until combined and sticky.
2. Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of an 9-inch (23cm) tart pan. Refrigerate while making the filling.
3. In a small saucepan heat coconut cream, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Bring to a light simmer. Turn the heat off, whisk vanilla extract.
4. Pour the hot mixture over the desiccated coconut. Stir until combined. Transfer the filling into the prepared crust and spread evenly. Do not over fill, leave some space for the topping. Refrigerate while making the topping.
5. Make the topping: chop the chocolate, place in a large heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, heat coconut cream. Pour hot coconut cream over the chocolate, let sit 1-2 minutes, then stir until smooth.
6. Pour the ganache over the tart. Spread evenly. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
7. From the remaining coconut mixture shape 8 small balls. dip half of the balls in the remaining ganache. Decorate the tart.
8. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.