This chocolate pancake recipe is the best you can find. Fluffy and rich chocolate pancakes topped with chocolate ganache. A real treat for Sunday breakfast or brunch. The kids will love it for sure.
For the pancakes:
For the chocolate ganache:
1. In a large bowl whisk egg and sugar, whisk until light and fluffy. Add milk, melted butter and whisk until combined.
2. In other bowl whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Gradually add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and whisk until smooth, if to thick add 1-2 tablespoons milk, if to thin add 1-2 tablespoons flour. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. cook until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip, and cook an additional minute on the opposite side.
5. For the ganache: in a small saucepan bring heavy cream to a simmer. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate. Let sit 1 minute and stir until smooth.
6. Pour the ganache on top of the pancakes.