Easy and Healthy Oatmeal Cake Recipe
If you like cakes and desserts but worried about your diet, this healthy oatmeal cake with dried fruits may be the solution for you. Healthier cake recipe, without processed sugar, without butter or tons of fat, gluten free and really easy to make.
- 2¼ cups (200g) Rolled oats
- 1¼ cups (100g) Quick oats
- 1/2 (170g) cup Honey/maple syrup
- 1 1/3 cups (270ml) Milk
- 2 Egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons (40g) Coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 50g Dried cranberries
- 50g Raisins
- 50g Dried apricots
- Butter for greasing
1. In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients and set aside.
2. In separate bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients.
3. Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Let sit for 15-20 to absorb the liquids.
4. Preheat the oven to 360F (180C). prepare 8-inch pan – line with parchment paper and grease the edges with butter.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then Release from the pan and let cool completely
• All the ingredients should be in room temperature.
• You can use any kind of dried fruits.