1. In a large mixing bowl, or in the bowl of an electric mixer combine boiling water, oats, maple syrup, butter and salt. Mix and let cool slightly.
2. Add flour, yeast and stir until dough forms. Knead the dough for 7-8 minutes.
3. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise 1 hour, until doubled.
4. Gently deflate the dough, shape it into a log. Place the log in a lightly greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover the pan, let rise for about 1 hour or it's crowned about 1-inch over the rim of the pan.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
6. Brush with water and sprinkle some rolled oats on top of the loaf. Bake for 40-45 minutes. If the bread appears to be browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil for the rest of baking.
7. Let cool completely before cutting.
I would love to try this recipe but would like to know what temperature to use as I have a fan oven pleaseReply
Can i use gluten free flour for the flour? And for the butter either Crisco or plant based butter for this recipe?Reply
I already wrote my comment please answer my question i really need a good easy oatmeal bread recipe like this one.Reply
Your email address will not be published