1. In a large mixing bowl, or in the bowl of an electric mixer combine boiling water, oats, honey, butter and salt. Mix and let cool slightly.
2. Add flour, yeast and stir until dough forms. Knead the dough for 7-8 minutes.
3. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour, until doubled.
4. Gently deflate the dough, shape it into a log. Place the log in a lightly greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover the pan, let rise for about 1 hour or it's crowned about 1-inch over the rim of the pan.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). stir 1 tablespoon of honey water 1 teaspoon of water.
6. Gently brush with honey mixture and sprinkle some rolled oats on top of the loaf. Bake for 40-45 minutes. If the bread appears to be browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil for the rest of baking.
7. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan, release from the pan and allow to cool completely before cutting.