This garlic soup is comforting, creamy and rich in flavor. If you are looking for a soup recipe that will warm you up on cold winter days, this recipe is for you.
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 large Onion
- 2 heads of Garlic
- 1/2 cup (120ml) White wine *or stock
- 2 medium Potatoes
- 4-5 cups (1L) Chicken/vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Cream
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Chopped parsley
- In a large pot heat olive oil, add chopped onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add chopped garlic and sauté for 6-7 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Pour in white wine and cook for 3-4 minutes, until alcohol evaporates (if you prefer not to use wine, skip this step).
- Pour in chicken/vegetable stock, add diced potatoes, season with salt, pepper, oregano, thyme and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Add the cream and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Check the seasoning and if needed add more spices.
- Prepare the croutons: cut 3-4 bread slices into small chunks. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add the bread and toast until golden.
- Pour the soup into a bowl, add some croutons and sprinkle some chopped parsley.
Your email address will not be published