For the meat sauce:
For the béchamel sauce:
1. In a large pan or pot over medium heat, add olive oil and heat, add ground beef. Cook, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Add the onion and garlic. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Cook until meat is browned. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste. Add bay leaves, Stir and bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 40-60 minutes. and set aside.
2. Meanwhile béchamel sauce: In a medium saucepan over low heat melt butter, when the butter is melted, add flour and whisk continuously, until smooth paste forms. Gradually add the warm milk while continually whisking to prevent lumps. Whisk until the sauce is smooth and thick. Remove from heat and add pinch salt, black pepper, nutmeg and parmesan. Whisk until smooth.
3. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
4. Assembly: spread a thin layer of the meat mixture in the bottom of 13X9” (32X22cm) baking dish, layer pasta sheets, spread 1/3 of the meat mixture, then spread 1/4 of the béchamel sauce, on the top of the sauce sprinkle some mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering two more times (3 layers in total). Finish with béchamel sauce on top and sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan on top. Spry the bottom of an aluminum foil with cooking spray (to prevent from cheese to sticking) and cover the pan.
5. Bake, covered for 40 minutes, remove the foil and bake another 15-20 minutes.
6. Let cool 15-20 minutes before serving.
See Other Dinner Recipes You May Like
See Other Christmas Recipes You May Like
This looks SO good! Just have a couple of questions. Do we need to add a cup of water to the meat sauce? It is in the list but not in directions. (same with the paprika) As far as the bay leaves, we should remove them from the sauce before layering, right? Thank you!Reply
Want to try this recipe at the earliest. But before that, I would request for a fair understanding between the "no boil" and "boiled" lasagne sheets in the recipe. What I want to understand is...if we put boiled lasagne sheets, what difference will it make to the dish?Reply
My husband and I tried this recipe and its just delicious!! We just followed the instructions and the result was amazing!! Even more delicious than the ones we've tried in restaurants. I've tried several recipes from this website and all of them have been beyond delicious. Thank you!!Reply
Your email address will not be published