For the sauce:
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Peel onions and trim the ends.. Make a cut down on one side of each of the onions, cutting into the center from top to bottom. Cook 15 minutes in boiling water. Remove from boiling water and allow to cool. separate out the layers of the onions
2. Finely chop parsley, mint and onion hearts (the inner part that you can't fill).
3. In a large bowl mix ground beef, rice, chopped herbs and onions hearts, crushed garlic, salt, pepper, Baharat, paprika and olive oil (optional).
4. Place 1-2 tablespoons of the meat mixture in each layer of the onions and wrap.
5. Into a large pan pour broth, water and date syrup. Add cinnamon stick and bay leaf. Arrange stuffed onions in the pan with the cut side down. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for about 1 hour.
Your email address will not be published