4 Easy Canned Tuna Recipes
4 easy and healthy canned tuna recipes. These recipes are quick, easy to make and most of them are healthy. These recipes are great for quick lunch or dinner, as a post workout meal (they are high protein) or even a prep meal to take to school or work. Whether you prefer something light like tuna sandwich or some tuna oatmeal patties/tuna quinoa patties to take to work or school, you will love all of these delicious recipes.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together.
- Spread tuna mixture over the bread. Serve.
Tuna Oatmeal Patties
- Drain the oil (or water) from tuna cans. Place in a large bowl.
- To the bowl add chopped onion, chopped parsley, crushed garlic, oat flour, salt and chili flakes. Mix well.
- In a small bowl beat eggs and add to the tuna mixture. Stir until well combined and shape into patties.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook the patties for about 3-4 minutes from each side. Or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towles to drain.
Spaghetti with Tuna and Tomato Sauce
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil, sauté chopped onion for 3-4 minutes, add crushed garlic, sliced chili, chopped dried tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add tomato sauce, season with salt and pepper, stir, cook for 2 minutes. Add drained tuna and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to the pan. Stir until combined. Turn the heat off, add chopped parsley and serve.
Tuna and Quinoa Patties
- Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- To the quinoa add chopped onion, chopped parsley, tuna, eggs and spices. Mix until combined. Form into patties.
- Option 1: In a large pan with olive oil. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
- Option 2: preheat oven to 350F (175C). Place the patties on a baking trey lined with parchment paper, spray each patty with oil and bake the patties for 25-30 minutes, until golden.
- Make the dipping sauce: in a small bowl whisk all sauce ingredients.
Check out more dinner and lunch recipes you may like