3-Ingredient Japanese Cheesecake Recipe
This Japanese cheesecake is fluffy, light and easy to make. All you need to make this Japanese soufflé cheesecake is 3 ingredients. Unlike other classic cheesecake recipes, this cheesecake is simple and doesn’t require a lot of preparation.
- 200g (7oz) Cream cheese
- 200g (7oz) White chocolate
- 5 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 170C (340F). Grease 7-inch (18cm) round cake pan with butter, line bottom and sides with parchment paper. Grease the parchment as well, set aside.
- Chop the white chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl. set the bowl over a pot with simmering water (double boiler). Melt the chocolate completely, remove from heat, add the cream cheese and stir until combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile separate the eggs. In one bowl place the egg yolks and in separate bowl place egg whites.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Add the egg yolks to the cream cheese mixture and mix until combined.
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the cream cheese mixture and gently fold. Fold in the rest of the meringue, 1/2 at the time.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Place pan into a deep roasting pan (larger in size). Pour boiling water into roasting pan so that water comes halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 160C (320F) and bake for another 15 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave cake in the closed oven for another 30 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool until ready to serve.
Notes and tips:
- Use room temperature egg whites.
- For extra fluffy cheesecake use 1 or 2 more egg whites.
MORE 3-INGREDIENT DESSERT RECIPES: