For the choux pastry:
For the Craquelin:
For the filling:
1. Make the Craquelin: in a bowl, cream butter with brown sugar. Stir in flour, cocoa powder and salt and mix until no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
2. Roll out dough to 2-3mm thickness between two sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Freeze while making the choux pastry.
3. Make the choux pastry: preheat oven to 400F (200C).
4. Place water, milk, butter, sugar and salt to a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the flour, stir with a wooden spoon until incorporated. Once flour is incorporated, place back over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes or until dough comes together into a smooth ball.
5. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool slightly. Add the eggs, one at a time, allowing each egg to fully incorporate after each addition. Beat until dough is smooth.
6. Transfer the dough to a large piping bag with a ½-inch round tip. Pipe the dough into 1-inch circles, keeping them 1½-inch (3-4cm) apart.
7. Remove the craquelin dough from the freezer, and cut out into 1-inch circles using a cookie cutter. Place on top of piped dough.
8. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Turn the heat off, slightly open the oven door and leave the puffs there for 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
9. Make the filling: in a large bowl place cream cheese and powdered sugar, beat until incorporated and smooth. Add cold heavy cream, vanilla extract and beat to stiff peaks. Fold in crushed Oreos. Transfer to a piping bag.
10. Two ways of filling: 1. Cut the puffs in half and fill. 2. Make a hole in bottom and fill the puffs.
היי, אפשר לוותר על החלק של השוקולד למעלה? כמה פחזניות יצאו במתכון הזה? תודה!Reply
ניתן לוותר על החלק של השוקולד. יצאות כ26 פחזניות.Reply
Do we use plain flour or self raise flour?Reply
All purpose flour / plain flour is needed here. Self raising flour is usually for cakes or cookies. In this case, it will puff as the liquids in the batter will evaporate causing it to puff up. Hope this helps!Reply
Your email address will not be published