Oreo Cupcakes Recipe | Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
If you are an Oreo fan, you will LOVE these cupcakes! Fluffy chocolate cupcakes with Oreo surprise at the bottom and cookies and cream frosting at the top. These cupcakes are especially loved by children but also by adults. Make them for birthdays, parties or holidays and your family will thank you forever.
- Make the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Place one Oreo cookie at the bottom of each cupcake liner. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add sugar, stir and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk all wet ingredients except coffee/water.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk just until combined. don’t overmix.
- Scoop the batter into cupcake liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Make the buttercream: in a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes. Beat in powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, beating in between. Add vanilla extract, milk and beat until incorporated. Add crushed Oreos and fold until combined. Transfer to a piping bag.
- frost as desired.
- Decorate the cupcakes: top the cupcake with a mini Oreo, whole Oreo cookie or halved Oreo cookie.