Nutella stuffed buns – these sweet buns are soft and fluffy, filled with chocolate-hazelnut spread and topped with sliced almonds. These Nutella buns are perfect for weekend morning, as a dessert or as a snack for work or school. These homemade sweet rolls are pretty easy to make and you need only few basic ingredients. You also can use dark chocolate cubes instead of Nutella. Serve them with a cup of coffee or tea and you have a perfect morning!
1. Make the dough: in a large mixing bowl, mix flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Add the milk, oil and water. Knead the dough for 7-8 minutes.
2. Shape the dough into a large bowl, transfer to a lightly oiled bowl and let rise until doubled in size.
3. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and shape each piece into ball.
4. While working with one bowl, cover the rest. Roll out each ball into a circle 2-2.5-inch (5-6cm) in diameter. Fill each circle with 1 tablespoon of Nutella or chocolate cubes. Close the dough tight and shape a ball.
5. Arrange the balls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle some slivered almonds.
6. Preheat oven to 375F (175C).
7. Bake the buns for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool before serving.
More Nutella Recipes: