For the meatballs:
For the sauce:
1. Finely chop onion and parsley. Crush garlic cloves. In a large bowl place the beef, chopped onion, parsley, crushed garlic, egg, bread crumbs and seasoning. Mix well with your hands until all combined.
2. Form into balls. In a large pan heat oil over medium heat. Fry the meatballs for about 1 minute for each side until lightly brown and remove from the pan.
3. For the sauce: chop onion, slice garlic cloves, chili pepper and basil.
4. In the same pan sauté onion for 4-5 minutes. Add sliced garlic and chili, sauté for 3-4 minutes more. Add tomato sauce, fill the empty tins of the tomato sauce with water (about 600 ml) and pour into the pan, add tomato paste, basil leaves, season with salt, pepper, paprika and stir.
5. Bring to sauce to a boil, transfer the browned meatballs to the sauce, reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 30-40 minutes. Serve.