Lentil and Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
This lentil and sweet potato salad recipe is easy to make, very refreshing and perfect as a side for any dish. If you are looking for new salad recipe ideas, you must this unique salad. Healthy and nutritious salad that you going to love!
For the salad:
- 1 cup (200g) Uncooked lentils, rinsed
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 Red onion, chopped
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Feta cheese (optional)
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Place the lentils in a saucepan, add 3 cups (720ml) of water and stir. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 20-25 minutes (depending on the type of lentils).
- Drain the lentils of any excess water and add them to a serving bowl, let cool while preparing the salad.
- In a medium sized pan heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil, add sweet potato and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes, until soft. Add cooked sweet potatoes to the bowl. You also can roast the sweet potato.
- Add chopped onion, halved tomatoes, crumbled cheese (optional), arugula and chopped parsley.
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl whisk all dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.