This lazy cake is a classic cake that everybody loves. If you are looking for a no-bake chocolate biscuit cake is cake, this recipe is for you! Easy and delicious cake that anyone cake make. You also may know this cake as chocolate fridge cake or chocolate salami cake.
For the cake:
- 500g Digestive biscuits/crackers
- 150g Walnuts/hazelnuts/almonds, roasted (optional)
- 3/4 cup (150g) Sugar
- 2/3 cup (150g) Butter
- 1/2 cup (50g) Cocoa powder
- 1 cup (240ml) Water/coffee
For the ganache:
- 120g Dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Heavy cream
- Crush/ break the biscuits into small pieces. Place them in a large bowl. if you are using nuts, crush them as well and add to the bowl. set aside.
- In a saucepan combined sugar, butter, cocoa powder and water/coffee. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour chocolate syrup over the biscuits and stir until well coated.
- Transfer the mixture into a 9-inch (23cm) pan. Press firmly to create flat surface cake. Refrigerate while making the ganache.
- Make chocolate ganache: chop the chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan heat the cream, when starts to simmer remove from heat and pour over the chocolate. Let sit for 1-2 minutes and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the cake and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
- Decorate with nuts.