1. Put the chickpeas in a large bowl over them by about 2-3 inches of cold water. Let soak overnight, then wash and drain.
2. Put washed and drained chickpeas into a food processor, add garlic cloves, onion, parsley, cilantro, baking soda and spices. process until smooth but crumbly.
3. Transfer to a large bowl, add breadcrumbs and mix until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Heat oil to 360˚F (180˚C).
5. Remove falafel mixture from the fridge and using wet hands shape into 1-inch balls.
6. Fry the falafels in batches, 4-6 at a time. Until golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel.
7. Serve as is or in a pita bread with salad and tahini sauce.
I can't eat chickpeas for health reasons. Can any other bean be substituted for chickpeas?Reply
Your email address will not be published