1. Roughly crush peppercorns and coriander. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix salt, sugar, crushed peppercorns and coriander, chopped dill.
3. Place the salmon in a big shallow dish/tray, skin side down. Spread salt-sugar mixture over the salmon.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 12-24 hours (read notes).
5. Unwrap salmon (some liquid will have collected on the bottom; this is normal) scrape off salt then rinse. Pat dry.
6. Using a very sharp slicing knife, Slice thinly on an angle.
• I don’t recommend using table salt, use only coarse or rock salt.
• Curing time depends on curing level you want to achieve, after 12 hours the fish will be firm but still slightly “raw” in the center. After 24 hours the fish will be firmer. I recommend to taste the fish after 12 hours and decide if you want keep curing or you prefer this curing strength.
• For more flavor you can add to the salt-sugar mixture some lemon/orange peel.
• You can use smaller portion of fish.