Healthier Ferrero Rosher Recipe
Do you like Ferrero Rosher? If you do, you are not alone. Ferrero Rosher is one of the most popular desserts/candies in the world. This recipe is the healthier version of Ferrero Rosher. If you not familiar with Ferrero Rosher, this is basically chocolate hazelnut truffles. In my recipe of homemade Ferrero Rosher, instead of sugar and other unhealthy ingredients, I used dated.
For the filling:
- 160g Almonds/hazelnuts
- 200g Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa powder
- Whole Hazelnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
For the coating:
- 200g Dark chocolate/milk chocolate
- 20g Hazelnuts, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread 260g hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast them in the oven for about 7-8 minutes, until slightly browned and the skins are blistered a little. Wrap the hazelnuts in a kitchen towel and rub vigorously to remove as much loose skin as possible. Let cool completely.
- Place 160g of nuts in the food processor and process for 20-30 seconds, until crumbly.
- Add pitted dates, cocoa powder, coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt. Process until combined and sticky.
- Take one whole hazelnut, wrap it with the date mixture, then squash the mixture between your hands to form balls. Set aside and place in the fridge while making the coating.
- Chop the chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl. Set the bowl over a pot with simmering water (double boiler) and melt the chocolate. Remove from heat, add crushed hazelnuts and mix.
- Dip each ball in the melted chocolate and on a parchment paper to set.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.