For the crust:
For the filling:
For the caramel pecan layer:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
2. In a food processor or Ziploc bag crush cookies into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until combined. Press into bottom of 9-inch (23cm) springform pan. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Set aside while making the filling.
3. Reduce oven heat to 300°F (150°C).
4. In a large bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth, add vanilla extract, sour cream, heavy cream and beat until smooth. Add cornstarch and beat until incorporated and smooth. Add eggs, one at the time, beating to combine after each addition. Do not over beat.
5. Place the pan on a large piece of foil, and fold the foil up the sides of the pan. Pour over the crust, place the pan inside a roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with enough hot water to go halfway up the sides of the springform pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the edge is set but the center jiggles slightly. turn off the heat and leave it another hour in the oven. Let cool to room temperature for one hour, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
6. Make the filling: in a large pan over low heat melt the butter, salt and sugar. When melted and bubbly add heavy cream, cinnamon and pecans. Stir until well coated. Remove from heat, add vanilla extract, stir and let cool slightly, about 5-10 minutes.
7. Release chilled cheesecake from the pan and pour the topping over the cheesecake.