Creamy Broccoli Pasta | Broccoli Pasta Recipe
Can you believe this broccoli pasta doesn’t contain any cream?! This creamy broccoli pasta is super easy recipe and it takes only 20 minutes to make it. The combination of broccoli, cheese and pasta is absolutely amazing.
- 3 Broccoli head heads (800g)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup (30g) Parmesan/Pecorino cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- 300g Spaghetti or any pasta of your choice
- Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and bring to a boil. When boiling, add the chopped broccoli and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and divide into 3/4 and 1/4.
- To the same pot add the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile make the sauce: in a large pan heat olive oil over medium heat. add crushed garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add 3/4 of the blanched broccoli and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water and blend into smooth puree.
- Put the pan back to medium heat, add the remaining broccoli chunks, salt, black pepper and drained pasta. Add 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water and toss to combined.
- Add grated cheese and toss until melted and creamy. Add more pasta cooking water as needed.