For the churros:
For the chocolate sauce:
For coating the churros:
1. Prepare churros dough: pour the water into a medium sized saucepan, add 1 tablespoon of oil, salt and bring to a boil.
2. Once the water boils, remove from heat, add flour and stir until smooth dough forms. If needed transfer the dough to a lightly oiled surface and knead until smooth.
3. Transfer the dough into a churrera or double piping bag fitted with a star tip. Set aside while oil heats.
4. Prepare the coating: in a shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
5. Prepare chocolate sauce for churros: chop dark chocolate, transfer to a large bowl. In a small sauce pan heat heavy cream, pour over the chocolate. Let sit for 1-2 minutes. Stir until smooth and thick. Transfer to a mug or small bowl.
6. Fry the churros: Heat oil for frying in a Dutch-oven or deep skillet to 350F (180C). Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag. Fry in batches (4-5 churros at the time) until golden; drain on paper towels.
7. Roll the churros in the sugar-cinnamon mixture and serve immediately.
See other Dessert Recipes you may like
See other No-Bake Desserts you may like