For the filling:
For the sauce:
1. In a pan over medium heat, sauté chopped onion for 4-5 minutes, add crushed garlic and sauté until golden. Let cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl mix ground beef, rice, cooked onion, parsley, cilantro, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin and oregano. Set aside.
3. Cut the tops off of the bell peppers and remove the seeds. Fill loosely the peppers with the meat mixture, fill only ¾ of the peppers, leaving room for the filling to expand.
4. For the sauce: in a large oven proof pot, heat olive oil, sauté onion for 4-5 minutes, add tomato sauce, tomato paste, seasoning and water. Arrange stuffed peppers in the pot, pour 2-3 tablespoons of the sauce over each stuffed pepper. Cover with the tops of the peppers and Cover the pan with a lid. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour. Every 15-20 minutes pour 1-2 tablespoons over the peppers.
5. Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
6. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes. This stage is optional. You can serve the peppers without baking them.